The release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens last month has inspired a new generation of nerdy engineers to try their hands at making their own homemade lightsabers. While all of the homemade lightsabers we’ve written about have their merits, a new one posted by YouTuber Martin Beyer last week might be the most impressive model we’ve seen so far.
On his YouTube page, Beyer explains that this is his second prototype lightsaber, although he emphasizes that he’s still a long way from building a lightsaber that would be good enough to sell. Here’s his list of components he used to make the lightsaber:
- Crystal-chamber: The crystal is a real blue Aqua Aura Quartz (removable).
- Soundboard: CF 7,5 (by Plecter Labs)
- Batteries: 2x 3.7V 14650 (1,1 A)
- Vintage Graflex Flash Gun
- 2W speaker
- Main LED: triple cree (blue,green,white)